Re: diagnostic help ( Sports 6 with 2 liter motor)

To: Triumphlist <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: diagnostic help ( Sports 6 with 2 liter motor)
From: Daniel Elder <sports6@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 19:55:48 -0700
Thanks to everyone who responded. I have so far: 1) Reset timing and
points. 2) cleaned plugs 3) Rechecked float levels ( the front carb was a
bit high 4) Checked the pistons in the carbs. They seem to move freely
and when raised and released make the metalic clunk as described in my
Haynes book on Strombergs. I drove the car for about a 1/2 hour
repeatedly taking off rapidly and thaught it was fixed. However, when I
restarted the car after its' being shut off for 20 minutes, my first
rapid take off produced the dreaded hesitation. Back to the drawing
board. Thanks again for the suggestions. I'll let everyone know if and
when this is solved.
Dan