TR-3A - Brake problem solved!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, resinext@aol.com, resinx@aol.com, DHoemberg@aol.com, 3030p@vm1.cc.nps.navy.mil, oggman2@aol.com, barry.bassola@us.landisgyr.com, dave.biagini@us.landisgyr.com
Subject: TR-3A - Brake problem solved!
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@sj.znet.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 18:18:09 -0700 (PDT)
  Recently, I posted a problem wherein my front brakes were locking up for
some time after being actuated.  The problem has been solved by removing
the check valve between the master cylinder and the three way splitter on
the inside of the right fender.
  The improvement in performance is very satisfying.  The car was a dog,
but is now peppy as remember it.
  Thanks to all who offered advice, especially Stuart Bollen and Paul
Thompson who fingered the problem.  I would have followed up sooner, but
there was no depiction of the valve in any of my shop manuals or
catalogues.  The mechanic who did the original brake job - and who I've
complained about in the past - also knew just what was going on.
  John

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus articles, article outlines and Left/Progressive links at:
           http://sj.znet.com/~jfcowan/