TR6 Front Bumper Needed (<1974)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Front Bumper Needed (<1974)
From: Murry J Mercier <mercierm@battelle.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 16:06:46 -0500 (EST)
     I have a 73TR6 with a 74 bumper (sans 'knockers') which I would like
     to replace with a good 73.  I am told that the front bumpers for
     earlier years are the same as the 73 and that the 74 was used for that
     year only, as the parking/turn lights were moved to the bumper in 75 &
     76.

     The one I have has no rust but has a ~1/4 deep dent at the center and
     is in need of re-chroming.

     I plan on looking at the Carlisle PA swap May 9/10...

                What should I expect to pay for one in very good condition?

                Would it be better to buy a 'copy' or an old and rechrome?
                (I assume that a NOS unit would be difficult to find)

     Any comments will be appreciated

     Murry

     Purring thru my 1st Spring in an LBC...
     as a novice TR6er in Central Ohio.