Beware the Spitfire trunk -- Pt. II

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Beware the Spitfire trunk -- Pt. II
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 23 Apr 97 8:48:12
When we last left our hero, Spitboy, he was bemoaning what happened to his fuel
tank last Saturday.   He was carrying some of his super hero paraphernalia in
the trunk (steel wheels), which seem to have slid forward in an abrupt stop
(though his keen hearing didnšt detect the sound), and as a result, the tank
was dented in the back.

Last night on our show, we found out how ..  well .. dented.

The tank metal was squeezed in such a way as make the fuel supply pipe POKE A
HOLE in the bottom of the tank!  Very bizarre.  More bizarre still, Spitboy
drove his Spitmobile all day Saturday and all day Sunday, not noticing that his
fuel drained out until Sunday night!  How can this be?  Could it be ... ?

1)  Some kind of weird super vacuum kept the fuel in the tank until Sunday
night.

2)  The pipe poked itself only most of the way through the tank on Saturday --
and fully through on Sunday.

In either case, the tank is shot.  Good thing I have an old one in the Spitcave

--
Martin Secrest
74 Spitfire 1500, possessed