HS8's on the TR6

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: HS8's on the TR6
From: "Aaron Johnson" <sugar@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 20:17:47 -0600
        The HS8 conversion has gone really well.  The bolt pattern is the same
and
after boring out my stock manifold to 2 inches they bolted right up.  I'm
working right now on a way to use mostly stock throttle linkage.  This task
is almost done.  So far the only part I've had to fabricate is a longer
shaft to go between the two.  I'm using the needles and seats that the
Rover 2000 TC sedan uses.  I took the carbs of off that manifold and bolted
them right up and the motor fired, not to rich not to lean just right.
Anyone interested in this conversion email me direct and I'll give you all
the specs and more on the throttle linkage...unless there is a big demand
then i'll just post it.

One major thing...when using a early manifold you'll break into the water
jacket...just weld it up and get it pressure tested...this shouldn't be a
problem on the later manifolds but more boring is required to get a proper
2" hole.

Aaron Johnson
72 TR6 CC84967