Re: Ignition Systems Information

To: CMaster808@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ignition Systems Information
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 13:13:57 -0400 (EDT)

<< Ok,,  off withe the dist cap and what do you know the points look like
toast,

 What do you think,  think I ruined the non ballasted coil by running it
 ballasted via the ballasted wire in the system >>

Chet:

I can say with as much certainty as one can, in matters such as this, that
the coil was not harmed by the ballast resister. If anything, it was
understressed. Were the points on their last leg when you put the coil in?
The output of the coil would have been severly reduced by using the ballast
resister. Maybe the points were marginal with the old coil, and the new one
just didn't cut it, with the lowered output. The current through the points
would also be reduced, so the point life should have been longer also.
Possibly, the coil itself was bad.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN