Re: Spring - Spitfire<19970421144955478.AAA250@eng-bschwartz>

To: Bschwartz@encad.com
Subject: Re: Spring - Spitfire<19970421144955478.AAA250@eng-bschwartz>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:28:17 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>>Does anyone have a suggestion as to how one removes the spring Eye bushings
>on the transverse rear spring.
>If all you want to do is remove the rubber bushings, and are not going to
>re-use them (unlikely and not recommended), then it's really easy, but a bit
>smelly to just burn them out with a torch.

Alternatively, I picked this idea up a few years ago when Practical Classic's
rebuilt a spit, get a drill bit slightly smaller than the external diameter of
the metal insert, drill into it and within about 30 sec's the heat from the
drill pops the insert out, then simply push the rubber out with your fingers,
dead simple!!!

Rich

God, I shoulda been a Blue Peter presenter!!!