Re: bolts with square threads

To: "Gene M." <MClan@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: bolts with square threads
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:38:24 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Gene M. wrote:

> My 70 TR6 has bolts that have square threads (3 sides have contact
> surface) that are used to hold body panels together and also to bolt the
> doors to the hinges, hood & trunk lid to the hinges, etc.  I have not
> been able to find replacements for these.  When there was a Triumph
> dealer in town many years ago, they said they didn't stock this style &
> did not know if they were still manufactured.

This might be a red herring, Gene, but try Southco. They seem to have
tons of different screws, and we use a tamperproof version of what you
seem to describe above. Southco. doesn't seem to have a web site of
their own, but here's a web address for a hardware company that is a
Southco. distributor:

http://www.el-comhardware.com/southco.html

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....