RE: Spit luggage rack-yes or no? (fwd)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Spit luggage rack-yes or no? (fwd)
From: "Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 18:28:16 +0100 ()
Q: Just wanting to know what the popular opinion is on having a luggage
rack on a Spitfire.

A: Absolutely YES!!  (NO,NO,NO!!)

1) I think they look better (HMMM?)

2) If you plan on making any trips, it is a must (as long as the trip is
through Death Valley- wicker isn't too water resistant!)

3) The trunk should be full of spare parts, so you need a place for your
clothes and food (That place is usually all across the grass verge as
soon as you try any fast cornering)

4) Better to have now than to want later (I thought the same when I
fitted handle bar tassles, sissy seat and motorbike sound machine to my
Raliegh blazer bike)

Kevin

Johnny Storm

'77 Spitfire 1500 (with boot rack consigned to dust collection duties in
the garage)