TR-6 door glass

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-6 door glass
From: Tpjk@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 09:09:29 -0400 (EDT)
Would anyone on the list have experience replacing window glass on a TR-6?
I have a '74 and the glass on the RT door has come free from the lifting
channel.
The glass is intact, and for that I am thankful!
Looking at the lifting channel, there is minor rust inside where the the
rubber strip and glass fit. Easy to clean out.  The rubber strip seems soft
and pliable( I have ordered a replacement anyway). My question goes to how to
replace the glass/rubber assembly into the lower channel without breaking the
glass. The glass with rubber attached will not fit past the waist seals on
 the door. My plan is to  place the rubber into the channel then press the
glass into the channel using liquid soap as a lube. Am I on the right track?
I'm assuming the soap will dry and not cause any harm?
BENTLEY'S says to remove regulator to get channel onto the posts from the
regulator arms. Is this the only way to get posts onto channel?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Interesting thread recently re: Damper oil. I too have a leaking damper on
one of my Z-S carbs. I ordered  O-rings from TRF in the past, replaced with
what I thought was surgical conditions and care and still had a leak so bad
that the oil drained within hours. I wonder if oil could leak past the
adjusting screw/needle assembly, or possibly out the retaining screw? The
adjusting screw was pretty chewed up also.  Any thoughts. Thanks

Tom Manly
TPJK@aol.com
1974 TR-6