tranny questions

To: "Triumph Guys" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tranny questions
From: "Nick" <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 20:10:37 -0700
Hi Guys-
I recently answered a few Tranny questions to one of our listers with
my usual bag-o-lies, but added this final note which I thought that I
should
share witht the list, what with all this talk of tranny removal.

One final and very important tip. In fact this is the most important tip of
 all. The crud you find inside the bell housing is asbestos. Not only is
 that bad, but this stuff will be in the very worst form, what are called
 "friable" fibers. If you do not have a GOOD respirator (one that says it
 will exclude asbestos fibers) go get one. A painters mask is of absolutely
 NO value. Even after you have the respirator, I always use a GENTLE spray
 type bottle full of a very mild soap solution . The idea here is to keep
 everything damp the whole time you work on it. You do not want the stuff
 get on you or your clothing where it will dry later and become airborne.
 Do not shoot the dust with a spray can of anything, this only gets the
 stuff into the air (and you). Once you have decided to clean that junk out

 of the bell housing, don't dispose of it improperly either. Some people
may
 still want to live on this planet.

Just tryin to catch my breath...
         Nick in Nor Cal