Re: Switching Tags (was Re: Carlisle) (fwd)

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Switching Tags (was Re: Carlisle) (fwd)
From: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 17:03:00 -0400 (EDT)
In Fla there is a provision for purchasing a 30 day temporary tag from DMV
for out-of-state transport.  It costs $5 + applicable sales tax for the
purchase amount of the vehicle.  (Or at least on the amount on the bill of
sale. 8^)  You have to show a valid out-of-state license and current
insurance coverage on any vehicle (30-day new/used car coverage is fairly
standard).  You might be liable for sales tax or other fees in your
home state over and above the sales tax paid in Florida.  Like someone
said, there is probably provisions for transfer of title at Carlisle.  I
am sure you are not the only one who has ever run into this problem.

Maybe call the Carlisle people and ask...

later...
| CARL F. MUSSON, Coordinator               INTERNET:musson@arts.usf.edu |
| Tampa, FL           Opinions expressed are mine and not of my employer.|
\    '58 TR3A (TS25264L)  -  http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/    /