More Spitfire Rear suspension question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More Spitfire Rear suspension question
From: Dave Chu <dave@ECE.concordia.CA>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 01:21:27 -0400
With all this talk about Spitfire leave springs lately I decided to
have a look at the ones on my 78 Spit.  Naturally, there are always
some surprises.  Found all the rubber parts, the small round ones, and
the rectangular one almost completely deteriated.  The PO had it
re-arched and who ever put it back together didn't bother to replace
them.  Also, the bolts on the brackets were metric(10mm).

Does anyone know where I can get replacements for these rubber things?
If they are not available I was planning to use urethane pads that
I've seen used in road and building construction sandwitched between
concrete slabs.  I haven't check the local home center and didn't know
if they are available to the public.

My second question is about the rear shocks.  The PO had put in a set
of Monroes'.  The markings on them reads " Monroe Radial-Matic R1543
B4E92".  When fully extented they are about 12 inches long.  I wasn't
able to find any info about these on the Monroe web site.  They did
have something on the Spit but the number were not the same.  Does
anyone know it these are correct for the Spit?

Dave