Re:Parts Story, and...(the 7cent Jam Nut)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:Parts Story, and...(the 7cent Jam Nut)
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 06:46:54 -0500
Ken,

    Wow, I thought I was the only one on this list to have such
anal-retentive attention to detail.  I too, have done the "around
town tour", in search of such-like archaic british parts.  The primary
difference is that I usually get so stressed out driving in cross-
town traffic and usually coming home empty handed, that I wonder
why I even tried in the first place.
  I just went through that same scenero in my search for GL-4 gear
oil, only to call TRF anyway.

  And I also shudder when I hear the phrase "What kinda car did you
say this came offa? A triumph?  Don't they use metric? You SURE this
ain't metric?"  I usually think..."You SURE you're a qualified parts
salesman?"... Ah, it gets my blood boiling sometimes.

   It is amazing what we do for the sake of preserving the originality
of our dear LBC's...

                             JOE IV
                             TR 250
                       WALLINGFORD, CT. USA