RE: Replacement of TR6 crash pads...

To: "'Ken Streeter'" <streeter@sanders.com>, "'TR6'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Replacement of TR6 crash pads...
From: "Georgas, Bill" <Bill.Georgas@mci.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 03:29:49 -0000
Ken,

I am in the process of replacing all my crash pads right now.  My whole
dash and facia is apart right now, so I am learning quite a bit about
how it's put together.   From the looks of it, you may be able to work
this in without pulling everything apart, but I think it could leave you
with a "marginal" repair.

There are a couple of specific areas of concern.

-  There is a small metal tab that holds the top outside corner of the
crash pad to the metal fascia panel.  Without removing the wood and
loosening the metal fascia, you will probably not be able to secure the
"properly".  As an aside, getting the old one off will probably be
pretty difficult as well.

-  The lower outside pieces seem to be held on with three nuts, the
above mentioned "clip", and adhesive along the far outside edge.  I
think reinstalling the outside edge well would be difficult without
having the metal fascia removed.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if I can add any additional
detail/info.

Bill
'72 TR6