5 speed conversion kits

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 5 speed conversion kits
From: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 19:57:52 +1200
Dear List

Someone recently asked for contact details for a New Zealand company that
offers 5 speed conversion kits for their GT6 or any LBC for that matter.

The details are:-

Company:        Conversion Components
Contact:        Colin Dray
Phone:  +64 7 863 8509
Fax:            +64 7 863 6354
Snail Mail:     Upper Gladstone Road
                Waihi
                New Zealand

I was talking to Colin recently (he also drives Triumphs, a 2000 and a 2.5
PI) and he was saying the gearbox he uses is from a Toyota Supra. He
creates an adapter plate / bell housing, all the new shafts and supplies
the gearbox with one of four types of gear ratios, wide, close, close with
high 5th or extra wide. He also adapts the remote mechanism so that the
lever is in as close a position as the original. I don't know the pricing
details.

Anyway, I am sure if you contact him, he will be only too pleased to fax
all the details back to you. I know he is not fussy as to where he does
business.

David Greed
1979 2500S

Email:greed@wave.co.nz                  (Home)