Re: RHD TR's in the USA

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: RHD TR's in the USA
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 10:42:08 -0500
Fellow Motorheads,

'Scuse me, but am I missing something important here ?  Are we talking
about converting a US-resident car to RHD ?  May I ask WHY ?

This proposal reminds me of an old song by the Mills Brothers (yes, the
local Piqua, Ohio guys from the '50s) which I can't even give the cor-
rect title to, but it's something like, `Don't tell me I've nothing to
do.'  Counting flowers on the wall, playing solitaire with a deck of 51,
smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo -- don't tell me I've
nothing to do !!

I know, it's your car, you can put in your front yard and use it for
a planter & bird bath, but wouldn't it be more fun, and even sensible,
to get your jollies by keeping it in good repair and DRIVING it ?

Slipping into horsehair lined, fiberglass re-enforced asbestos coveralls,
I remain your faithful
Claude Hopper
SW Ohio
'72 TRident 750  basket case