Re: GT6 bad vibrations

To: kc3565l@sprintmail.com
Subject: Re: GT6 bad vibrations
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 25 Feb 97 9:46:24
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I second EVERYTHING Dave said (as another who¹s been there, done that), with
one question ... by ªthe drive shaft has two new universals,ª do you mean the
propeller shaft or the axle shafts?    The very presence of new U-J¹s in the
propeller shaft, different from the old, could cause your main shaft to go out
of balance, and that¹s presuming you did everything correctly, i.e.,
reinstalled it exactly as it came out.  A good driveline shop can remedy your
problem very cheaply, just as a tire shop could check your wheel balances.  I
suggest either or if you continue to be stumped ...

---
Martin Secrest
¹74 Spit 1500