Re: was remover

To: Bumper <bumper@erols.com>
Subject: Re: was remover
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 07:39:26 -0600 (CST)
Cc: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, Bumper wrote:

> What is the best way to take off the wax so a polish can be used?

        Try a product named "Acylliclean" fro dupont (?) it's a prep that
        body shops use to get a surface prepared for painting... I've used
        it for several years now and find it does an excellent job of
        removing old wax, as well as road tar. it doesn't harm the paint
        at all...

        But it ain't cheap. I haven't been able to find it in amounts
        less than a gallon which cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $25.
        (but if you're using it for removing wax a gallon should last
        practically forever)

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois