Re: BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i
From: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@named.dalton.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 01:07:00 -0500
Cc: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Mark J Bradakis wrote:

>      Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 13:47:36 -0500
>      From: Dave Herr <dherr@innernet.net>
>      Subject: Help with TR4A.....(my stupidity strikes again)
>
> Fellow Listers,
>
> I have been working on my TR4A chassis and engine while the body is
> completely painted. While working on the remaining engine accessories, I
> inadvertantly dropped the nut from the water pump pulley down the front
> water neck into the cylinder head. Why do these things always happen
> when you are about to finish the job? I have tried fishing the nut out
> with a magnet and using one of those flexible "grabbers" but without
> luck. Any ideas out there? If not, I guess I will have to remove the
> cylinder head and shake the dumb thing out out of the head.
>
> Dave Herr - Central Pa. Triumph Club

Gee, Dave, it could have been unknowingly dropped down an intake runner,
and . . . . . Let's start her up and see how she runs. . . . BANG! BANG!
BANG!  OH SH*T!

Learned that lesson a few years back on my Chevy Z24.  What a horrible
sound!  Now whenever I work on anything where there is a chance of
anything going into something, that something gets covered.

At least it doesn't take long to take the heads off of Triumphs......
Try one of the new compact front-drivers with V6's crammed in the engine
bay, where only a four-banger was designed to go.

Yours in Sympathy

Ron N.
Dalton, Ga
http://member.dalton.net/~spitfire1500
77 Spitfire 1500 - undergoing cajones transplant - FM66513UO
62? Vitesse/Sports 6 convertible - HB5635LCV
92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!) - 1FAPP38U1NK150073
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ - one o' dem nasty compacts with a V6 crammed in!