76 spit rear end trouble?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 76 spit rear end trouble?
From: Paul Nelson <aloder@websgi.icomnet.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 19:08:14 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hello all,
Well my 76 Spit engine runs now, rather well considering it's down time.
Then I thought I had a bad slave cylinder. I bled the clutch fluid, the
old fluid was nasty, replished as necessary. The slave seems to be doing
its job, but when I release the clutch in any gear there's no movement.
Then I took a peek at the drive shaft ,the drive shaft spins, in reverse
as well, but no vehicular motion is taking place. My experience is
limited, so any help is greatly appreciated.
BTW, I ran outta daylight, but once the wife goes to work in the morning
I plan on putting the rear on jackstands and pulling the cover plate to
see what it looks like. Anything imparticular I should look for?

Paul Nelson
76 Spitfire Looks rough, but it was free.
ps I just talked to a co worker and he said it doesn't sound good.