Re: TR6 Tire Replacement

To: peb3@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 Tire Replacement
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:28:38 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

The religion of tires, ahhhh.

205/70-15 is a good fit as well as 195/75-15 and 215/70-15. They all have
very similar tire heights.

I wanted to point out that the AutoX compound tire name by Yokohama has
most recently been called A008-RSII. A001's were from _ages_ ago, like 5
years ago. I believe Yoko has a newer one, the A32 or something like
that. At any rate, any of the AutoX tires would not likely be good as a
"street tire" due to the limited amount of tread molded into the tire.

You want some really sticky tires, get some Hoosier "dirt stockers". At
50 degrees F ambient, you can leave a fingerprint on the tread if you
push in a bit... those suckers are really sticky! Of course, you would
probably only get 100 miles per set on dry roads ;-).

C Ya,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? A few.