Re: bush tool

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: bush tool
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 06:32:28 -0800
Michael G. wrote:
> seems like c-clamps of varying sizes are de rigor tool for
> bushing extraction/insertion. what do the pro's use for this
> chore? seems like there is a specialty tool for about everything
> else, seems odd there is not one for bushings. - - -
***************************************
Michael,
    Actually when I do work of this nature I use either my large bench vise,
or my hydraulic press.  Most of the time the parts are off the car.   I only
suggested the c-clamp (portable vise with small jaws) because the part is
still on the vehicle and it's kinda difficult to get the press into position
while the spring is on the car :-)

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)