Re: More GT6+ and Vitesse Questions

To: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Subject: Re: More GT6+ and Vitesse Questions
From: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@dalton.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 07:16:58 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Odd Hedberg wrote:

> > Sounds like about a 1963 or maybe early 1964 model year car to
> > me. I'll wager that the suffix letters are LCV (Left hand drive
> > ConVertible), not LOY.
> > --Andy
>
> My guess also. It could have been an O for Overdrive, but then
> I can't see any explanation for the Y/V letter... And if it is
> a Saloon then both O and Y are misread and should be D and L.
> A bit far, I guess...
>
> On the question part concerning year/comm no:
> The two first Vitesses had Comm nos HB4DL and HB47CV
> (Saloon/Convertible) and both were manufactured in May of '62.
> The Comm nos of the first Vitesses made in January '63 were:
> HB6699DL and HB6700CV.
> (The Comm nos of the first Vitesses made in January '64 were:
> HB16925DL and HB16939CV.)
>
> So, we can conclude it's a Vitesse made late in 1962 for the
> North American market, either a Convertible in case the Comm
> No is HB5635LCV, or a Saloon in wich case Comm No is HB5635LDL.
>
> OK Ron, is it a Saloon or a Convertible?
>
> BFN
> Odd
>
> --
> Odd Hedberg
> Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary,
> S-74236 Östhammar       Triumph Club of Sweden
> Sweden                 '70 Spitfire Mk3 FD82497LO Signal Red
>                E-mail:  odd@triumphclub.se
>              Club URL:  http://www2.passagen.se/triumph/
>        Home Telephone:  Int+ 46-1731 7131
> Geographical Position:  N 60deg15min  E 18deg23min

Sorry Odd, et al,  the Vitesse/Sports6 is a convertible, and is stamped
on the commission plate as TYPE: convertible.  So with that early of a
commission #, what engine should be in the Vitesse/Sports6?

Thanks again!

Ron N.
Dalton, Ga
http://named.dalton.net/~spitfire1500
77 Spitfire 1500 - undergoing cajones transplant
6? Vitesse convertible
92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!)