Re: Minor Spitfire electrical/diff. problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Minor Spitfire electrical/diff. problems
From: Paulpop@ssnet.com (Paul Poplawski, Phd)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 23:23:06 -0500
I own a '57 TR3 .. recently bought and in wonderful shape.  My problem is
that I am having fuel problems recently.  I suspected water in the tank, a
clogged filter or a faulty pump.  I have attempted to rid the tank of water
and the fuel filter appears to be fine.  Petrol deposits show up around the
top of the pump.  The car will start (with some difficulty) and maintain a
rough idle, and then will all of a sudden cut out.  Should I disassemble
the pump .. and rebuild it or check for deposits within it? ... or is
replacing the unit more advisable? any ideas?

thanks
Paul