Re: Tearing down the TR6 <970217065028_1180965536@emout20.ma

To: CMaster808@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tearing down the TR6 <970217065028_1180965536@emout20.mail.aol.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 16:04:27 PST
Cc: kerch@parc.xerox.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>CMaster808@aol.com said:
 > What I ment to say was, do you know where you can buy the venier to
 > redo it myself.

You should be able to get an astonishing array of veneers from any store
catering to woodworkers.  If there aren't any in your area try buying a copy
of Fine Woodworking magazine and cruising their ads; there are a number of
places that mail order veneers.

 > On another string, did you ever recover your dash?  I think I remember
 > you talking about it last spring, but something trifle like removing the
 > windshield came into play.

No.  THe dash (or wood fascia panel) comes out just fine, but if you want to
replace the top crash pad you have to remove the windscreen frame (so I am
told).

I've decided to replace mine, there's a leak in the offside top-to-windscreen
joint and my dash is delaminating.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center