Pandora's Box And Production Records/ Part Two

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Pandora's Box And Production Records/ Part Two
From: <smith007@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 97 10:41:58 -0000
Part Two
That was a Saturday night. Car stuck in wall, car cover thrown over car,
so it appears car is just parked really close to wall, nosey neighbors
won't look and laugh. Monday morning after pictures taken, brand new
205-65-15 tire deliberatly flattened, due to front fender stuck to tire,
the car is now able to be pushed away from wall.AAA shows up ,flatbed
truck, and delivers to local British car Guru. No problem insurance will
pay for this, this and this,30 days. Well it appears DPO did some inner
fender metel repairs, that he just spot welded, floor pans weren't
excactly placed where there wasn't some movement and the rocker panels
weren't exactly put on snuggly.It was a hidious site. Luckily no frame
damage ,no radiator or engine damage, car was drivable.It seems that the
car gave at the weak links due to spot welds. This is were PANDORA"S BOX
comes in! Take fenders off, put in new metal,weld correctly,put in new
Moss rockers, not VIC BRIT, weld correctly. Seam weld floorpans ,
etc.etc.etc. So with new front right,left fender,new bonnet new front
valance,needed a new deck anyway, might as well throw in a new rear right
fender too.Since the engine was going to be pulled in April and be
rebuilt and the 30 days has streatched into 120 days, I might as well go
ahead and pull the engine tranny, and take care of painting under the
hood.Now I really don't have to paint the car the peminto red it was, I
wonder what the original color interior and paint was? I think I'll hook
up with the Heritage people? I did.Yesterday. Sorry about the long post.
I'm just now able to talk about it. I feel better!

Phil Smith
Tampa, FL.
69 TR6