Parts falling off TR3

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Parts falling off TR3
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 08:34:05 -0600
List,

I didnt see a specific response on the part that fell off of the
TR3...so I thought I would jump in.

It sounds like part number 109582. This a shim with a tapered slot that
aligns the engine with crank hole when located under the engine mounts.

If this part "squirmed" it's way out, it might also account for the
strange noises the TR owner was experiencing as the rotating parts start
to come in contact with non-roating parts...especially under braking.

BTW, I bought a repro crank, shimmed up the engine, and now wonder why I
didnt do this earlier.

Cheers