Re: TR-250 project found, FYI only

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR-250 project found, FYI only
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 21:18:14 -0500
Hello Tim, you asked :

 >Hi there,
 >I just recently got my first LBC running - a '62 TR4 that sat behind a barn
 >for 7 years - and I am loving i!!  So now I fear I've caught some dangerous
 >bug and have been thinking about exploring a TR6 or 250...  So if this
 >fellow is interested in letting it go at a reasonable price - I'd be
 >interested...  BTW - what year model is it (showing my ignorance - I'm a
 >relative newbie even though lots of scrapes on knuckes from my TR4!)
 >
 >Tim Clayton
 >'62 TR4 CT5565L

..and I think that all the TR-250s were '68 models, they were made from
October '67 thru December '68 (as I recall) and were essentially TR-4A-
IRS cars with the 2500cc straight six engine fitted.  The TR-6 model in
fact is only a skin-deep make-over of this car, in many respects, when
the new Karmann body  was put into production in '69.

The car I described in my post is not for sale, at least, the owner is
not actively trying to sell it; he just wanted some help getting it into
dry storage, so that's how I get a look at it.  I'll tell him that if he
ever wishes to sell, he should post here first !  I'll be glad to help
him with that, if / when the time comes.

Regards,
Tom Tweed
SW Ohio