Re: TR6 SPARK PLUGS

To: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 SPARK PLUGS
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 17:04:44 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Martin Libhart wrote:

> I caught a recent thread regarding spark plugs.  Curious to know what
> plugs are working best in a carb. model TR6.  I've been having trouble
> with cold-fouling - dry, black sooty plugs, not oily. PO had a Bosch
> plug in the car.  I've changed to Champion Premium Gold plugs, equiv. to
> the old N9Y plug, but still having problems.  Anyone running a hotter
> plug with good results?  If so, what?

Martin, part of the answer may be in your question. If your TR6 has the
UE type of engine (lower compression, etc., and I'm assuming that TR6s
had these as did other U.S. spec. Triumphs), perhaps you're simply using
too cold a plug. The Champion N9Y or equivalent was for the older
engines; later ones used the N12Y or equivalent.

Try that and see what happens.

--Andy