Re: Seat-Back Support Wires (Tr5/6)

To: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Subject: Re: Seat-Back Support Wires (Tr5/6)
From: Adam Turner <turner@public.se>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 12:02:07 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
JoeSimcoe@aol.com wrote:

> Am rebuilding a set of seats for my TR250 - Some of the seat back support
> wires are broken.
>
> 1)  Does anyone know of a source for these - or
>
> 2)  Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could find this type of
> wire,  these could easily be reproduced with some simple jigs if I could find
> the correct type of wire.
>
> Thanks,
>
> JoeSimcoe

Joe,

In the 80s, "Practical Classics" magazine did a step-by-step full
rebuild on a TR6. The total cost came in at, wait for it, £34,500,
that's about $50k with inflation. The book of the rebuild's available,
ISBN 1 873098278, distributed in North America by Motorbooks
International, Osceloa,  WI54020 (John Denver country). Anyway, for
their retrim, they used a firm called Autotrim of Ivybridge, Devon, UK
(+44 1752 893368). You might also try John Skinner, Ltd. on +44 1285
657410. They'd probably be able to give you a few pointers.

Cheers!

Adam Turner
'74 TR6