Re: '66 GT6 stuff

To: "J. Stovall" <jstovall@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: '66 GT6 stuff
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 16:51:32 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff, I find 9 out of 10 times, conditions like you described are
ignition, not fuel related. Is the vacum advance hooked up and
funtioning? Is everything (plugs, wires, timing, cap and rotor) in top
shape? My TR6 ran like crap until I went up 2 heat ranges on the plugs.
Before, with the colder plugs, I couldn't drive it without the choke
pulled out. NO power, either. Put in a set of Accel U-Grooves, and the
car starts and runs super on 20 d. F. days. And, I'm off the choke in a
minute or 2 with lots of power.
Give it a try, $8-10 for some plugs might just save a lot of money at
the local Britt shop.