JMA paint code revisited

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: JMA paint code revisited
From: S1500@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 16:21:29 -0500 (EST)
Greetings Worldly Scions,

I am still trying to decide to what colour to call my car ;-)

I have a [??] Blue '78 Spitfire with the paint code JMA.  Based on
previous discussions with other owners of the same paint code
both on and off this list, we decided that JMA represented
Pageant Blue.  This paint code is not listed in any of the books
that I have (and I have them all ;-)).  I was quite content in the
knowledge that we had gotten to the bottom of this until I read
the January Courier.  In John Thomason's Spitfire 1500 register,
under the (B&W) feature photo is the caption:

"This months photo is sent in by Paul Wille of Amsterdam, Holland
and features his 1979 Spitfire 1500.  Paul's car is a little unusual in
that its body colour is Tahiti Blue, code JMA, a colour not originally
associated with the Spitfire 1500.  Are there any other original Tahiti
Blue coloured Spitfires out there?"

Now Mr. Thomason is quite the expert on Spitfires IMHO, and I'm
prepared to call my car Tahiti Blue now.  But I thought I would put
this one to the "net wisdom" once more.  I'm hoping to find some
other (blue) Spitfire or TR owners with the JMA paint code.

FWIW Mr Thomason does not list JMA in his excellent "A guide to
Originality" book.  The colour chart in the book does show an example
of Pageant Blue with the code JAE.  My car matches this colour.
Tahiti blue is not listed in this book and I'm not sure what it looks like.
The TRF catalog lists Pageant blue as JAG and lists Tahiti as JAE
and 146.  Moss Europe catalog agrees with this saying:
Tahiti = 146 / JAE ('75-'78 model years) and-
Pageant= JAG / JNA ('78 on)

I am writing to Mr. Thomason with this question.  Unfortunately he
does not have e-mail AFAIK.  I thought this list might be able to
provide some more data points.  Thanks in advance for your input.
(direct replies appreciated, I'm on the digest version)

Bob Sykes   -  - -  __,@_\____
'78 Spitfires -  -- }-0-----0->     s1500@aol.com
(what colour is the blue one, Pageahiti ??)