RE: road trip stories

To: "'Gary Nafziger'" <naffy@netins.net>
Subject: RE: road trip stories
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 12:42:09 -0600
Cc: "'Vintage Race'" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Bite your tongue, Nafziger!!

My wife & I took a 3500 mile oddysey through Canada & Upstate New York
last summer. 3200 miles were with the top off of our 58 TR3a. Not my
first choice, but I succumbed to pulling a small trailer with luggage,
cooler, and foldup picnic table. Mechanical Stuff? Changed points on the
return side when the points cam follower wore down and started to close
up. Blew a tire on the trailer 30 minutes from home and sat there and
laughed...mostly in relief. What a wonderful trip!!!!

I am currently planning a '97 trip to Northwest for a trip on the
Pacific Coast Highway. I plan to attend the SOVERN vintage race on the
4th of July weekend and connect with any TR owners that are interested
in doing so.

I've wanted to do this kind of thing for years and since I have wife
that is amenable to this, the time has come. No excuses.  I do have an
assortment of backup plans in the event of failure, but I am not
planning for failures. My planning was largely in the preparation. Good
luck to you...and what is it you are thinking about and what can I do to
help?

Your fellow Iowan,

Joe
Cedar Falls