Re: Future Darwin Candidate (sorry)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Future Darwin Candidate (sorry)
From: Kdoc111@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 15:01:43 -0500 (EST)
Sorry to reply to the "head-out-the-window" post, but it reminded me of a
similar story.  A few weeks ago, I was traveling on a crowded highway near
downtown Cincinnati.  As I approached an entrance ramp, a pick-up truck in
front of me needed room to merge.  I was glad to have him in front of me.

The pick-up was a '70s model GM product without a tailgate.  The bed of the
truck had rusted away so badly that there was just one side left flapping in
the wind.  The only taillight dangled from its wires.  The rest of the bed
was just jagged, rusted sheets of metal.  One side of the rear-end was
held-up by resting on the axle, I could see remnants of a spring on the other
side.  Shocks?  Who needs 'em.

The cab of the truck was not much better, but at least it was intact.  Except
for the rockers and most of the front fenders which had rusted away.  No
grill, but the bumper looked okay.   All tires were bald on the wear parts,
some had whitewalls.

When the raod was clear I floored it to get far away from this rolling
disaster.  The gentleman driving the truck looked over and waved thanks to me
for lettiing him over.   I'd swear he was cross-eyed, and his grin revealed
his seasonal teeth.  You know, summer here and summer there.

What really chaps my hide though, is that a vehicle in this condition can
travel freely.   Yet we're all worried that some air-nazi is going to take
our well maintained sportscars away.  It just don't make sense.

Kevin D. O'Connor
with apologies to the neo-nazis.