Re: Ree: TR3 History Help <970210170754_100407.370_BHG133-1@

To: Heinz-Martin Weigand <100407.370@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Ree: TR3 History Help <970210170754_100407.370_BHG133-1@CompuServe.COM>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 22:26:49 PST
Cc: TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>Heinz-Martin Weigand said:
 > Thank you Berry, for your interesting input. I have the plate right in
 > front of me: it is yellow on blue having a sticker saying >SEP< for
 > September left of >CALIFORNIA< and another one saying >CA 87< right of
 > it.Would that mean it was first or last registered in CA with this plate
 > in 1987?

That would mean it was LAST registered in '87.  THe registration was due in
September.  Each year we send in our money (and smog certificate, if needed
-- Sybil needs one this year, and soon!) and get a little sticker that shows
we've paid our fees.  THe color changes each year so that cops can tell
who has expired tags easily.  THere's probably a stack of stickers up
in the corner of the plate, if you could peel them off you'd most likely find
an '86 under the '87, and an '84 under that...but they make them hard to peel so
you don't just steal your neighbors tag.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center