Re: British Car Week update

To: Trmgafun@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: British Car Week update
From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:43:34 EST
Cc: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Healeys@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:08:41 -0500 (EST) Trmgafun@aol.com writes:
>Greetings everyone!!
>
>To bring people up to speed who may have missed earlier postings on
>this
>subject, the following is a letter submitted by Peter Schauss
>concerning
>Peter Egans Road and Track column.  I originally tried to send an
>editors
>address list (submitted to me by Jamie Palmer) with this but my
>computer
>didn't like it, so look for it seporately.  This list can be used by
>all of
>us to notify club members and magazine editors of the British Car
>Week.

>issue
>of _Road and Track_ in which he laments the fact that he never sees
>the old sports cars on the road anymore.  I believe that this calls
>for
>a response from us and I have a suggestion.  Designate a week in late
>spring as "Drive your sports car week".  During this week, we would
>all
>make every effort to drive our LBCs as much as we could, even to work
>for those of us who feel safe doing so.  The idea would be to get our
>cars out on the road where people can see them.  My vote would be the
>middle of May, say May 12-18.    This should be late enough that that
>the snow will be melted almost all parts of the country.  Also it
>should give those of us with winter projects (like the sills and
>rockers
>on my MG) to have them completed.
>
>Let's get our cars out of our garages for a week and let the rest of
>the
>world see what MGs, Triumphs, Austin-Healeys, Jaguars and all of the
>rest of them look like.<<<<
>

> I for one, agree with his choice of May 12th - 18th, this is a good
>time of
>year to kick off the summer driving season.  If no objections then we
>can
>christen this years week as the first annual British Car Week.  AND
>PASS THE
>WORD!!!!!!!
>
>Scott in Northern Indiana  TRMGAFUN@AOL.COM
>1958 MGA  HDA4346400
>1958 TR3A TS35306L
>1958 100/6  BN4L 0 49881
>IF IT'S AN LBC?  IT'S INTERESTING TO ME!!

This sounds great, but I can't imagine how I would get there.  Maybe I
could borrow a car from somebody.  My wife and I are both serious Egan
fans, so maybe it's time to muster enough confidence in one of my
vehicles to attempt the trip.  We're going to meet in front of his house,
right?

Mark Anderton

1972 Triumph TR6 (Getting ready for paint)
1984 Jaguar XJ6 (2 ea - some people never learn)
1967 Jaguar XKE 2+2 (latest acquisition)
1966 Morris Minor (everything works - nothing works right)
1971 Land Rover (Farm use)
1967 Daimler V8 Saloon (Be patient! I'm workin' on it)
1958 Velocette MSS (500cc single - need a clutch)
1987 VW Golf GTI (How did that sneak in here?)
1972 Grady White Chesapeake Mercruiser I/O