Panasport(like) wheels

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Panasport(like) wheels
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 10:41:13 -0500
There have been these comments recently:
"The only problem I have with Panasports is that they rub on the
suspension components if I turn the wheel hard in either direction.

and

"The upper A-arms would gouge the inner wheel rim on a full
lock turn....I ground the corners off of the A-arms and cut off the excess
length of the
ball joint mounting bolts."

I have experienced the same problems with the KN wheels I got from VB; I
have considered doing the same clearancing work. Some have suggested that
the vertical links are bent, but the alignment required very little shim
work, so I think that is not the case. It appears to be something endemic
to these wheels and TR6's.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951