Re: Spit smog adjustments

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spit smog adjustments
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 97 17:18:00 PST
Text item:

You don't have to re-smog it for two years, so just adjust it so it runs
properly and you'll be all set.  After 2 years you'll most likely have to go
through the tweaking to get it to pass once more.

Mike

I had my Spit in to get smogged, and in order for it to pass they had to
lean it out quite a bit. Now it runs like crap, pops and sputters, unless I
pull the choke out to richen the mixture. My question is this: Will it hurt
the engine to use the choke as sort of and adjustable on the fly mixture
control? I have a clothspin clamped around it to hold it in position, but
until I re-richen the carbs is this a viable solution? At least it passed
and is now legal in Kalifornia!

Thanks for any and all advice,  TOM

"So you're going to take us for a ride eh?"
"Yeah, come on"
"Well I don't have a sister!"
"That's ok we no gotta car!"

Text item: External Message Header