TR6 dash resto

To: twalli@vanheusen.com
Subject: TR6 dash resto
From: mbarre@juno.com (Matt Barre)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 12:55:37 PST
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tom, The dash restoration is a relatively easy project with a big return
on the appearance of your interior.  I second the call to consider the
replacement of the seal between the body and the screen surround.
WInter parts sale should result in some savings (not sure if they have
the crash pad sets in stock or not).  I have seen some very nice
replacement dashes - some are quite exotic, incl zebrawood or even burl.
 Others have obtained good results by simply applying new veneer.  I
bought a mahogany board at Home Depot and made mine.  It helped that I had
access to a nice wood shop.  I used a dremel to route the ledges for
the gauges.

Label your wires from your gauges when you pull them and/or get a good wiring
diagram.  It is a good chance to investigate any non working
electricals.

I have a set of Panasports and love them.  If you look at the cost of new
OEM wheels the Pana's don't seem so expensive.  Plus it is getting very
hard to find straight used wheels.  I usually balance my own tires and I
have seen a lot of wobbly wheels.