Re: ZS carbs

To: kc3565l@sprintmail.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: ZS carbs
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 10:20:38 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-02-04 22:29:27 EST, kc3565l@sprintmail.com (DaveFain)
writes:

> but I don't find the Zenith Strombergs on my GT6 all that
>  troublesome as long as I replace the diaphragms once a year
>  and keep the oil topped up.  YMMV.
>  Dave

I agree.  The original ZS's on my TR4 have served me well for 33 years.  I
have rebuilt them only three times (the last 4 years ago).  I keep them
topped up and have used a Unisyn and a Color Tune on several occasions.  BUT
- I know a mechanic who can tune them better than I can just by listening -
he is amazing.
 Seems there has been a lot of ZS "bashing lately, but I beg to differ.  Case
in point -back in 71, I bought a set of SU's (because I had heard that they
were better - and COOL :-). I installed them and used them for about 6
months.  To make a long story short, I was not happy, I went back to the ZS's
and have used them ever since.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner/first car ever/daily driver)