Re: Bleeding Brakes 2

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bleeding Brakes 2
From: Bruce Krobusek <74106.1335@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 09 Oct 96 20:07:35 EDT
>I do not know how to tell which hydraulic cicuit is the one "closed off" but my

>brake light is definitely glowing. I also heard the tell-tale click of the PDWA

>while bleeding the brakes so I am fairly certain it is "tripped".
>
>Again my question was how to detemrine which circuit (front or rear) is
>actually the one tripped?

BTDT. I wouldn't bother trying to center the PDWA piston by bleeding one brake
circuit or the other. You'll go through a LOT of brake fluid! Simply remove the
warning sender from the top of the PDWA and, using a straightened paper
clip, manually center the itty-bitty piston in there. You may have to fiddle
with it a bit to get the light to go out, but it's easier this way than bleeing
the system. If I remember correctly the shuttle inside the PDWA has a
tapered center section, and it's this area that should be centered in the
hole. The idea is that, when the shuttle is pushed to one side by a brake
pressure imbalance, one of the tapered sides will touch the brass bit that
sticks down from the sending unit and ground a curciut.

     - BAK -

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com