Re: virgins, goats, other living creatures and eclipses

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: virgins, goats, other living creatures and eclipses
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 14:45:33 +0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 27 Sep 1996, Shane F. Ingate wrote, regarding his plea for help in
tuning twin Strombergs:

> BTW, ALL respondees suggested some form of sacrifice, though
> there was some concern whether the dominion of the Dark Lord
> Lucas extended to SU/Stromberg carb's.  Many agreed that
> full-moon sacrifices by Lucas candle-power (ie TR high-beam)
> were important. Nominees for sacrifical rites were overwhelmingly
> in favour of virgins (albeit difficult to find in the '90's),
> followed closely by goats, then a smattering of owls, chickens
> and small furry creatures.

Did anyone on the list experience strange problems with their cars,
beginning about 9:10 p.m EDT last night?

At least here in upstate New York last night, we had an excellent view of
that most British of astronomical events: a full Lucas of the moon.  Over
a period of about 1.5 hours or so, said heavenly body went slowly dimmer
and dimmer until almost completely blacking out. In true fashion, though,
the problem seemed to work itself out. With no intervention of any kind,
the problem gradually disappeared and the moon shone brightly again as if
nothing had happened.

Fortunately, it appeared to have no effect on the Subaru, although the
brake fluid warning light does remain on. Hmmm....

--Andy