RE: BIZARRE MYSTERY SOLVED

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'placroix@magi.com'" <placroix@magi.com>
Subject: RE: BIZARRE MYSTERY SOLVED
From: "Robinson, David, Squadron Leader" <RobinsDa@lhheat.mcclellan.af.mil>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 08:44:30 -0700
Of course, you have put the conrods on the pistons the right way round.
 I recently went through the same exercise you have completed (my
gudgeons/wrist pins did not seize) and put 3 conrods on the right way
and three the wrong way (I blamed my wife who was talking to me during
the process!!).   Of course, I found "my" mistake when I put the pistons
in the block (the first two were OK and the third was where I found my
mistake) and the nuts on the lower end of the conrod hit the block when
I tried to turn the engine by hand after each piston was installed.

I used a lot of assembly lubricant on all the bearings and
gudgeons/wrist pins to negate any seizing on startup, etc.

David Robinson
1970 TR6 (undergoing RHD conversion)