Re: bushes

To: uunet!exact.com!rgb@uunet.uu.net
Subject: Re: bushes
From: jmerone@vtetv.org (Joe Merone)
Date: 26 Sep 1996 18:04:12 GMT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
uunet!exact.com!rgb,Mail writes:
Nylatron with fake redline tires from BWW and it will handle like
an exotic sports car - no joke.

Roger,

Thanks for the advice.  Nylatron it is then for the rear bushes.  I just
happen to need new tires also as the old redlines have about had it.  I want
a wider, better tire but don't want to part with that distinct redline look.
I'm thinking about buying one of the "fake" ones you've mentioned.  I  know
of two places.  What's BWW?  Coker now makes a complete new 3/8" redline
radial but only in 75 series (either 195 or 205).  Cost is about $130/tire
I'd like a little wider profile than that but not as low as a some of the 65
and 60 series I've seen.  Seems like 205x70x15 is the way to go and matches
up best to the old 185x15 Michelins.  I've found a company called Antique
Automotive Accessories that re-molds brand new Goodyear Eagles. They're
$99/tire.  I saw a set on a TR6 at the VTR Convention in Albany and they
looked real sharp.  The owner had just bought them so there was not much
performance history to report.  Do you know of any others places that sell
these?

Joe Merone