Re: TR3 Gas and Water... <199609171237.IAA25160@orion.neca.c

To: bugeye@neca.com (Dave Garron)
Subject: Re: TR3 Gas and Water... <199609171237.IAA25160@orion.neca.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 11:29:02 PDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>Dave Garron said:
 > >> Try blowing some compressed air back through the line from the
 > >> pump inlet hose to the tank (open the filler cap first). I did this and
the
 > >> fuel started flowing normally....

I did this to my TR-6 too, once.  Then cleaned the tank out..eccch.

A word of advice to those about to apply compressed air to the gas tank: if
you succeed in your aim, gasoline will POUR out of the line.  Well, duh, you
say, but I was struggling with mine one evening, and nothing would come out so
I applied air, heard a muffled THUDgurglegurgle from the fuel tank,
straightened up th think "Hm, did that work?" and discovered a new reason NOT
to wear Birkenstocks in the garage.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center