Water injection system53-57,59

To: stag@mailgate.wizvax.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Water injection system53-57,59
From: cwnicholls@juno.com (Clark W Nicholls)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 19:58:11 PST
I remember in the past a query as to where a water injection system (that
injects water into the intake manifold) to improve, yes improve,
combustion.  I know adding water will get you more power, we
demonstrated it in the engineering lab at RPI.

Today at the Bennington VT car show and swap meet I met the fellow that
has purchased the remaining stock (supply)  (some years ago) of the
Ampco Vapor Lubricator.  It was produced in thr pre-WWII era and
marketed thru Sears Roebuck thru the 50's and 60's.  You used to be able
to get it thru Warshawski's (J.C. Whitney's to you youngens) also.

It seems this fellow purchased/obtained the supply from the inventer's
son after the death of his father.  He then sold them thru word of mouth
over the years and now is retired and traveling to swap meets where they
are selling well.  He's sold many overseas and quantities to various
people/companies, including restoration shops.

Now these units are designed as top cylinder lubrication systems, to
inject oil such as Marvel Mystery into the intake to lube the valves and
seats and such.  He proposes that oil injection will do a better job than
some of the lead additives for saving your valves.

As I remember the water injection systems of the '60s, this is a much
higher quality unit with metering adjustment and mounting hardware.

Hey, I bought one.

There are 3 models: ST100, ST200, ST300.  The 100 has a glass container
and a capacity of about a quart.  The 200 has a plastic type container
with a pint capacity, he says many MG owners have used these.  The 300
has a 2 quart capacity with a rectangular metal container.

I bought the 200.

Supplies are limited, once they're gone, they're gone...

Prices  are $35 for the 100 or 200 plus $5 shipping, $43 for the 300 plus
$6 s+h in the US.

He'll be there tomorrow, Sunday, Sept 15th also.

Give him a call or write (I didn't get his name, but you can mention
where you heard about him..):
VACO Inc.
81 Lake Street
PO Box 6
Florence, MA  01060
413-586-0978

I'll scan the instruction sheet next week and email it to anyone
interested.  Put "Injection Instructions" in the subject.

Hey, I'm doing this as a service to you guys, I have no financial
interest!

Clark

PS.
No Stutzs at Bennington.  After going to the AK Miller auction last
weekend, I want to see more!