ignition switch locking

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: ignition switch locking
From: James Cullen <jcullen@direct.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 20:10:13 -0700
I was hoping somebody might be able to shed some light on an intermittent
problem I've been having lately. My ignition switch locks so that I can not
turn my key. This used to be every couple of weeks, but lately has been
almost on a daily basis. It also occurs even when the steering wheel is not
locked. I can eventually turn the key, I usually try turning the wheel and
playing with the key and after a few minutes (2-5 minutes - a bit
frustrating to say the least) for no reason whatsoever the key will turn.
Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks in Advance,

Jim Cullen
1974 Spitfire, British Racing Green, aka "Jade"