Clutch TR4 >> 6

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch TR4 >> 6
From: PiJay@t-online.de (Peter Juergens)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 96 16:06 +0100
Fellow Solers

The problem:
After a major Gearbox/OD overhaul (didnīt change a thing at the clutch, even
used the same, but regreased clutch release bearing, in the moment there are no
HQ crbīs available. The Clutch is a TR4A type made by Quinton & Hazell.)there
was
a undefinable noise heard, that disappeared when I stepped onto to the clutch
pedal. But, the noise disappeares with a new noise, which sounds like the crb
high-revelling is braked in the moment of the pedal movement.

That happens in every gear, OD engaged or not, fast or normal acceleration.

There is one thing that surprises me a lot:
If the noise in fact is the crb at high-revelīs - how can it revel without
contact to the clutch cover?
Must state here, the play at the fork / slave cylinder assembly is still
present
and maintaned by the spring.

Any guesses?

I hate that noise, please help me (my ship is sinking)!

Thanks in advance to all thinking about my problem!

BFN

Peter Juergens
Germany
PiJay@t-online.de