Re: Spitfire clutch<SIMEON.9609051123.A@muahost.umds.ac.uk>

To: Julian Daley <j.daley@umds.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Spitfire clutch<SIMEON.9609051123.A@muahost.umds.ac.uk>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 12:22:41 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Julian,

>You wrote:
>>Just a thought, the splines on the gearbox output shaft aren't all chewed up
>>are they, even if they are a bit mis-shapen this may cause the friction plate
>>to stick....

>I think they are ok.  I'll give them a good checkout though.

Just had a thought, have you checked your pressure plate, chack that the round
disc thing inside it(The bit with the fingers on it that the release bearing
presses) has not cracked, I have had two crack before and they gave the same
symptoms you describe, if you don't understand my description(I am having
difficulty myself) just let me know and I'll try to explain clearer.

Rich